Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Survived but Slightly Scathed

So, the committee meeting was brutal. I think that I did the best that I could under the circumstances. Mainly, the chair of my committee is an ignoramus, who doesn't understand my project. I would be okay with this, if only he didn't love hearing his own word vomit which came out while I was discussing valid critiques of my project with the other committee members. Since this is clearly a complaint, I will have to schedule in extra exercise this week.

Otherwise, the hardcore Russian professor who gave me a hard time on my first committee meeting asked me the same reaction rate kinetics questions, which luckily I looked over right before my meeting. Knowing the correct answer is sweet. Although it did take me a good 45 minutes to rederive all those equations beforehand. I promise that I used to know how to integrate and solve differential equations. Overall, I think I stressed out too much over the whole thing, and let it upset me too much. I need to work on developing my pachyderm. My boyfriend has agreed to make fun of me more to help with this. Not sure how that is going to work out, it might be trouble, but I asked for it.

2 comments:

cara said...

Yay, it's over now! :) How many more will you have? One and then your defense? I really need to think about scheduling mine...

Magglet said...

Thanks for your card and support!!! I will have one in six months, and hopefully that will be my last one, but it all depends on if I can get a paper out.

Yeah, I think the more your committee sees you, the more they think you should be done. At least I have a friend in the program who swears by that, he has a meeting every 6 months.