Friday, April 6, 2007

Easter- the best holiday

I have had an incredibly busy week, so I can barely find time to post about things. But I have so many things to write about! First off, my week began with an immensely awesome surprise. My roommate from college just happened to be in town for a work-related project!! I'll call her Atalanta (since that will be the name of her sailboat). It was so great to spend time with her, and to hear about her new life plan (which sounds so much more fulfilling than her current job). I love how hanging out with friends lifts you out of the foulest of moods.

Wednesday night, I hosted a Passover Seder dinner at my apartment. Even though the turnout wasn't as big as in the past, I enjoyed sharing a meal with friends. I love Seder dinners, and I'm not sure why more Christians do not celebrate it, since it was the last meal that Jesus participated in, especially since the Jewish traditions are so beautiful and strangely (or not so strangely) complementary to Christian beliefs. My favorite part of the Seder meal is probably the charoset, because it is supposed to be a sweet reminder of the mortar used between the bricks (can be symbolized by matzoh) and because it is SO tasty.

Friday morning, I was in charge of bringing Krispy Kremes to the 5 am walkabout. Our pastor superimposed Jerusalem onto Lower Greenville, so every year on Good Friday we walk to the sites that Jesus visited on his last day, starting from The Temple (Whole Foods), across from the Garden of Gethsemane where he was arrested and ending with where Jesus went before Pilate for the second time (next to Shell gas station).

Easter Sunday was great, too. Because of some freak weather, where we actually had snow flurries on Saturday (after 84 degree weather three days before), we moved our sunrise service inside instead of the usual outdoor spot at White Rock Lake. The best part was watching all the little kids hunt for Easter eggs after brunch, oh and the annual peep jousting tournament of course (aged peeps work so much better).

Can you tell I love Easter week? It is always such a renewing time for me, especially going through Lent, trying to focus on meditating and centering on God, yet remembering that no one is perfect, nor do we have to be- which is the whole reason for Easter in the first place. And all of this coinciding with the beginning of spring is always uplifting. I look forward to it every year.

2 comments:

reena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Parsingtime said...

I had no idea you had a blog! I think we are still here June 8, I need to check our tickets to India. Also sorry for the deleted comment,I try not to use my real name on blogs!