Thursday, July 19, 2007

Back in the Big D

I got back from Canada a few days ago, and while I am glad to be back home, I am not glad to be going back to work. I totally have this brain block on thinking about my project. I go into lab, do my experiments, and go home. I really need to compile my data, but this molasses of inertia just prevents me from doing anything about the mountain of numbers and blips on a screen.

The family reunion went well overall. We ate a ginormous (now officially a real word!) amount of food, mostly Chinese. The big family dinner was at a chinese buffet. I know what you're thinking (groan), but actually it was really good! They even had all you can eat sashimi!

We had about 35 people in attendance! with about 11 kids ranging from 5-13 years old. Needless to say there was a lot of chaos. We totally took over the hotel pool. I felt sorry for the other guests, who left after it got crazy with balls being pelted and kids jumping around.

It was great to catch up with my sister who lives in NYC and cousin who is an internal medicine resident in Hong Kong. We got to get away for a few hours to walk around downtown and meet up with my sister's Hot friend. And he was SO nice, too. This is after we spent an hour bashing men. Men are TOXIC. But luckily, Hot friend restored our belief that there can be mega good lookin, genuinely nice guys out there. Thanks Hot friend.

Of course no family reunion is complete without drama. I lost my temper and blew up at my sister.. way to go for reverting back to tween behavior. I was mostly upset at myself for ruining such a fun occasion. Luckily, HB was there to advise and be supportive. He helped cheer me up by buying me a baby Gloomy bear... so cute! Here is a picture of Gloomy although mine is plush and not bloody ;)

Fortunately, I was able to work things out and salvage sentiments before my sister left for NY. In the end, I was super sad to say goodbye to everyone. Time was too short, and with so many people it was hard to spend enough time with everyone.

No comments: