Thursday, July 12, 2007

Canadia

I am in beautiful Toronto right now enjoying the gorgeous weather and the company of family. Everyone on my Dad's side of the family will be in town for our first family reunion. I am so excited to see people!

After some minor traveling disasters yesterday (thanks Dallas monsoons), we finally arrived at our hotel at 2:00 in the morning. We picked up my sister from the airport this morning, and had dim sum...yum!! Seriously good food rivaling even Hong Kong dim sum. I think the best dish was the turnip cakes- so deelicious. I have a feeling the rest of my posts in Toronto will focus on food, either that or the 10+ kiddos that my cousins are bringing.

I can't wait to see my 13 year of pen pal Cassy! I bought her a copy of Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess's (what's the proper way to do the apostrophe?) Stardust!! I hope she likes it- I know I would have loved Neil Gaiman when I was a kid.

Tomorrow I also pick up HB from the airport. It'll be interesting for him to meet the more normal half of my family.

No comments: