Monday, July 9, 2007

Blueberries and Fireants

Did you know that you can go blueberry picking not too far from Dallas? I went yesterday with my friend, AF, who was visiting from New York. Her boyfriend organized a group of 8 people, and we all packed in to a surburban headed towards East Texas. It was a fun day of driving in the rain (luckily by the time we got there, it had stopped), stopping by at Ranch Hands, a bbq buffet, and blueberry picking!! We had a bunch of fun, except that I was wearing sandals, and stepped into some ant hills...twice. I was just too excited about picking the good blueberries.

I was pretty good about not scratching the bites, and they really didn't bother me too much. Although when I am sleeping, it is a little difficult to muster up the willpower not to scratch them. This morning, the bites looked ok- i put some hydrocortisone on them and went to work. Now, after walking on my feet for a couple of hours, they are really getting huge!!! I just had to take a picture- definitely got some rubor, calor, tumour, action going.

You can't really tell the redness, but notice how the medial aspect of my right foot is bulging and angry. I guess they were fireants...

2 comments:

cara said...

Ouch! I hope the blueberries were yummy though! When are you coming to chicago???

Ms_Angel said...

I remember that day. And the search for relief.